Dog health is important to anyone who owns a dog. Ensuring that your dog’s health is maintained is vital but what exactly does this involve? Dogs aren’t that much different to humans – they require regular exercise, a good diet, and attention – but often we neglect one or more of these essential elements. These can all affect your pet resulting in diseases and ailments that can cost you money.
Dog health issues have become something of a hot topic and as with humans it is felt that natural cures and remedies should replace many of the more mainstream treatments. Combining the best of both worlds by finding a veterinarian who understands and uses natural remedies is a godsend. These vets are becoming more and more common as demand rises.
Greater advances in dog health has meant that our dogs are living longer but this brings with it diseases of aging, the most common being arthritis. This causes many a problem for the owner who will try anything to ease their dog’s pain.
Fortunately there are many treatments available that can do wonders from the more mainstream of pet medicines to natural remedies and treatments which have been known to do wonders. It is vital that if your dog is experiencing pain that you first check with your vet to confirm that arthritis is the cause and not some other disease that may require other treatments.
- Your Pet and Pain Video – Part One – The Hip and Hind Quarters: You will learn how to deal with some of the most intractable problems faced by animals in this area, including hip dysplasia and arthritis. You’ll decrease tightness in the muscles and give your pet a better state of health.
- Winston’s Joint Formula – Dogs suffering with joint diseases such as arthritis, bursitis, OCD, hip dysplasia and other degenerative problems can now experience immediate and long-term relief without drugs. Winston’s Joint Formula is a combination of three totally natural whole food supplements developed by a naturopathic doctor for his own dog. No drugs and no side effects because it’s all just good whole food. No dosage problems because the dog’s body uses only what it needs. Within the first 30 days of treatment, dog’s on Winston’s Formula show noticeable and often remarkable improvement. And unlike drugs used to give temporary relief, IT CAN’T HURT!
Some tips and hints for dogs with arthritis include:
- If you have an overweight dog, try and reduce its weight.
- Take your dog out for regular walks. Don’t overdo it! Some dogs just don’t know when they have had enough and over walking a dog with arthritis will only cause more pain for your pet.
- Buy a dog bed that allows the dog to stretch out and move easily.
- Try some of the natural therapies currently available.
- Keep your pet warm in winter. If you have an outside dog at the very least bring it in at night to keep it out of the cold. This will make a big difference.
If you have a dog health issue then it is most likely that it is costing you money but for the love and companionship that they provide it is worth the money, the time and the effort.